Tuesday 24 March 2015

Mystery Project

I recently attended a very relaxing sewing retreat with the Perth MQG and joined in on the Mystery Sewing Project.

Turns out it was a mystery to all of us as the lady taking the lead had such a busy week at work that she hadn't had a chance to try the pattern for herself!

Here's what we made ...


I chose a Liberty Print for the outside fabric and quilted it to the interfacing with Aurifil col. 3817 12wt 

It's a little jewellery keep for our bedside tables whilst on retreat.  What a sweet idea!

It's supposed to be sewn on all for sides to form a little box ... but I got lazy!


The lining fabric is from Quilting Treasures - Chicken Wire

This little jewellery keep didn't stay in my possession very long as when I got back from retreat I gifted it to my mum who was off on a mini break herself.  


I used a bag magnetic clasp from Spotlight as the fastener

I must make another one for myself now! It's the perfect way to use up a tid-bit of Liberty.  I'm also in a few swaps at the moment so I'm thinking that one of these would make a lovely little extra gift.




If you have a special someone's birthday coming up it's also just the right size to pop a gift card in ... here's the link to the pattern if you would like to make one too.

Happy Tuesday!

Serena xx

Joining in with the following linky parties: Sew Cute Tuesday, Fabric Tuesday and Let's Be Social

11 comments:

  1. That is a sweet little pouch. I really like the lining fabric - it really looks three-dimensional in your photographs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's cute! I'm tempted to make one! I have some Liberty FQs that I have no idea what to do with since i don't have enough for quilts or anything, maybe I should make some of these! If I cleaned my bedside table, i could probably use it too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would definitely make a fun little gift and anything made with Liberty is so eye catching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could sew in a bit of felt and call it a needle book too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute and useful way to show off a great fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice of fabrics, it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are a perfect gift. Nice surprise for a mystery object!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty little project! How sweet of you to gift it to your mom. But then you get the fun of making it again! Love the Liberty with the chicken wire. Looks fabulous! And thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. .....and I love it! Was just perfect for my little getaway. Thank you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to use up those extra scraps! This turned out great, your mum must be so happy with you right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful keep! That Liberty is just so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...